Sunday, November 10, 2013

Trunk or Treat

The light was unusual.
Clara and John spilled chili on themselves.
I didn't hand out the candy that I brought because I was helping Clara, John, and Margaret get candy.
Margaret would sometimes say "tank you" for the candy.
This was for all the wards and the community that use our building. With that in mind it was fun for me to come away thinking I know a lot of these people, and they are wonderful people.

Here is a Halloween poem because it only comes once a year.

This is Halloween

Goblins on the doorstep,
Phantoms in the air,
Owls on witches' gate posts,
Giving stare for stare.
Cats on flying broomsticks,
Bats against the moon,
Stirring round of fate-cakes,
With a solemn spoon.
Whirling apple parings,
Figures draped in sheets,
Dodging, disappearing,
Up and down the streets.
Jack-o'-lanterns grinning,
Shadows on a screen,
Shrieks and starts and laughter--
This is Halloween!

By Dorothy Brown Thompson

No comments: