Tuesday, April 02, 2013

Zion


The photos are in chronological order.

There is a book called Cherry Pies and Lullabies (Amy, I remember you posting about this book too. It made me happy.). In it, it talks about traditions. It says that each time they are the same but also how each time they are different. That is exactly our Zion tradition. Every time was so similar but also so different. With all the changes the park is making I had thought that our fun was over.

Going to Zion has always involved getting wet. I remember getting irritated skin from having to walk back from the narrows pollywog pond in wet jeans. It also meant smelling the smell only moss in Zion has. The smell of my youth.. On this trip they were alive again. We climbed up rocks and found a cold pool with climbing rocks and little fish. Clara and John both got properly soaked. This is important! When Clara fell in Mom told her "You are in good company. Every one of your aunts and uncles and there cousins had the same experience." The funniest thing about it was that I had always known the little creek was there. I had just never been there because we went other places.  I am glad that it can be the same, but different.

The hunt went well. The food good. A little throwing of the football. A trip to Weeping Rock with a darling photo op. Cousin hugs. Life is good and I seriously love this tradition.

2 comments:

Michael and Anita said...

This looks so fun! I'm glad you guys all got to go this time! :)

Caranna said...

It looks like such a fun trip. It's been far too long since I've been to Zion :)