Thursday, April 11, 2013

Green is Gold

On the 2nd of April we went for a walk out in our little wilderness. Spring comes and in exciting ways. When I was taking the first photo and being fascinated by the little green in a glow of gold I thought of Robert Frost poem.

Nature's first green is gold,
Her hardest hue to hold.
Her early leafs a flower;
But only so an hour.
Then leaf subsides to leaf.
So Eden sank to grief,
So dawn goes down to day.
Nothing gold can stay.

It is hard to get it off my mind. But then again, how lovely it is to have beautiful words/ideas and beautiful experience/images swirling around and around.(The photo doesn't do it justice.)

I got a kick out of finding the white flowers.
I think the first photo of John is idyllic and romantic. This last photo of John is really modern and interesting with the weed in front of his face, shoe under his arm, stick in hand, and Kelly helping Clara get down in the background.

2 comments:

Amy said...

I love these photos, and the poetry that just seems to ooze from your memory! I love that you know so many poems. They speak to my heart.

Jaime said...

Gorgeous shots. I particularly like the first one with the little bit of green buds. :)