Sunday, May 04, 2014

Upon Julia's Cloths

We love hand-me-downs. Clara particularly gets a kick out of seeing Margaret wear cloths she used to wear. All the clothing in these photos are hand me downs, right down to the socks! I am sentimental enough that I can even remember who gave what. So I can, and will name names. (This is not all encompassing of every article of clothing ever given to us, these are just the names of the people that gave us the clothing you see here.) A big thanks to Aunt Libby, Trisha Greavs, Erica Connect, Aunt Julie, Aunt Brandy, Aunt Lisa, and Katrina Witt for helping us through the time we couldn't afford to buy all that we needed. It is fun for me to have you connected with our memories. Your taste is so good and generosity appreciated.
Here are two poems I enjoy on the subject.

Upon Julia's Clothes
 
Whenas in silks my Julia goes,
Then, then (methinks) how sweetly flows
That liquefaction of her clothes.
 
Next, when I cast mine eyes, and see
That brave vibration each way free,
O how that glittering taketh me!
 
By Robert Herrick      
  

Hand-Me-Downs  

I’m always wearing hand-me-downs.
I don’t get stuff that’s new.
My mom won’t take me shopping.
I don’t know what to do.
The dresses always fit me fine,
but high heels give me blisters.
It’s not that easy growing up,
a boy with older sisters. 

By Bob Zanger

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Wow I am so far behind in your blog. I looked back to everything I missed. I thought your deer picture was better than a D+. I love looking at your blog and I admire you for keeping it going and up to date. I just finished my October of 2012 post today. Two more months to post than I can say 2012 is completed to print as a scrap book. It is so nice to see you guys doing well. Keep up the awesome blogging!