Monday, January 05, 2009

Christmas Eve

All us mom's attempted to get a good Grandchild photo but it was thwarted by low lighting conditions and Clara. She was only happy being held. Lauren and I made some more bag lanterns to put on my mom's window box and front steps. They looked great. Clara was Mary for the family Nativity. We rang the bells and sang some more. We ate soup in bread bowls and had Bree. I love Bree!
Good Hours        
 
I had for my winter evening walk—
No one at all with whom to talk,
But I had the cottages in a row
Up to their shining eyes in snow.
 
And I thought I had the folk within:
I had the sound of a violin;
I had a glimpse through curtain laces
Of youthful forms and youthful faces.
 
I had such company outward bound.
I went till there were no cottages found.
I turned and repented, but coming back
I saw no window but that was black.
 
Over the snow my creaking feet
Disturbed the slumbering village street
Like profanation, by your leave,
At ten o'clock of a winter eve.
 
Robert Frost

5 comments:

Amy said...

Let's see...there's a grandchild I don't recognize. Who is the baby in the suitcoat in the middle? Who does he belong to? He's not Lauren's, is he? I get so frustrated trying to take a photo of a group of kids - even my own two is pushing it.

Amy said...

Oh, duh...I forgot about Ben's kids!

Sally said...

I just realized that Ben's Eli isn't in this one...

Sister Ward said...

I love the picture of the window from outside. Way cool. Once again you are the picture taking master!

The Wageman Clan said...

I hope you had a great Christmas. It looks like you had fun with your family. Clara is getting so big and is so cute!